Your NEW Social Security Statement
More than 65 million Americans receive Social Security benefits, with over 175 million workers paying into the system. With the new Social Security statement released in the fall of 2021, it is now easier than ever to review important information about your earnings history, taxes paid, and future benefits.
What is a Social Security statement?
The Social Security statement is a document that explains your estimated monthly benefits for retirement, disability, and survivors based on your current and past earnings. Additionally, the statement shows how much you and your employers have paid in Social Security taxes over your lifetime. This information can help you plan for your financial future and check for any errors in your earnings record.
What's new in the 2021 statement?
The statement was redesigned to make it easier to read and find the information you need. For example, a new bar graph displays your personalized retirement benefit estimates at nine different ages, depending on when you want benefits to start. It also includes fact sheets that explain Social Security programs and benefits by age group and specific situations.
How do you access your statement online?
You can view your statement online by creating a personal My Social Security account at www.ssa.gov/myaccount. This is a secure and convenient way to access your statement anytime and anywhere. Alternatively, you can download or print your statement. If you do not have an online account and do not receive Social Security benefits, you can request a paper statement by filling out a form and mailing it to the Social Security Administration office.
Why should you check your statement regularly?
Your statement is an important tool that helps you plan for your retirement and other life events. Any errors or gaps in your earnings record could affect your future benefits. If you find any mistakes, you should contact the Social Security Administration as soon as possible to correct them.
To learn more about the new Social Security statement and how to access it online, visit https://blog.ssa.gov/access-your-new-social-security-statement-online/.
- Long-term Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- Best foods for hydration
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How to Improve Your Health: The 5 Main Aspects of Wellness
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- Are you underinsured for your circumstances?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- How to Maintain Our Body
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- The Body After 60: Overcoming Barriers to Exercise
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Foods you had no idea you could freeze
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Medicare and Medicaid: Dual eligibility
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- What’s Keeping You from Losing Weight?
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- Your NEW Social Security Statement
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Smart Home Systems: Promoting a Comfortable Environment for Seniors
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here's what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year's Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment – Important Dates and What’s New
- Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period is Here!
- How to Prepare for the 2019 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period
- Medicare: The Difference Between AEP and OEP
- Is Plan F (Medicare) Going Away?
- How to Choose a Primary Physician
- How to Store Your Life Insurance Records
- Prepare a Health Care Package for Your College Student
- 5 Portion Control Tips
- What Does MACRA Mean for You?