Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
It was Pope George XIII that declared New Year’s Day an official day of celebration in 1582. Early festivities included yelling, hollering, and blowing horns at midnight to scare away evil spirits from the prior year.
While you may not have evil spirits to thwart, here are five easy ways to end your year with a smile!
Acknowledge your achievements: It can be easy to forget all the triumphs you realized in the past year. Use the end of the year as a time to reflect on all your achievements and celebrate them.
Take a moment for yourself: Much of our day-to-day life is filled with caring for others. Whether you have children, parents, or bosses to keep happy, use the remaining days of the year to treat yourself to some well-deserved “me-time.”
Learn your lessons: Just as you should recognize your achievements, it is essential to acknowledge any missteps you may have taken during the year. Mistakes or misjudgments are excellent opportunities to learn from and grow as an individual.
Imagine what’s possible: With a new year comes new opportunities. Take a moment and write down your goals for the upcoming year. The simple activity of jotting down objectives can help you realize your dreams as they become more tangible.
Don’t wait!: Many people wait until after the 1st of the year before making any changes. However, the most successful people don’t wait to achieve their goals. And neither should you!
- Long-term Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- Best foods for hydration
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How to Improve Your Health: The 5 Main Aspects of Wellness
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- Are you underinsured for your circumstances?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- How to Maintain Our Body
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- The Body After 60: Overcoming Barriers to Exercise
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Foods you had no idea you could freeze
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Medicare and Medicaid: Dual eligibility
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- What’s Keeping You from Losing Weight?
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- Your NEW Social Security Statement
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Smart Home Systems: Promoting a Comfortable Environment for Seniors
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here's what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year's Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment – Important Dates and What’s New
- Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period is Here!
- How to Prepare for the 2019 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period
- Medicare: The Difference Between AEP and OEP
- Is Plan F (Medicare) Going Away?
- How to Choose a Primary Physician
- How to Store Your Life Insurance Records
- Prepare a Health Care Package for Your College Student
- 5 Portion Control Tips
- What Does MACRA Mean for You?